Friday, July 29, 2011

Walking down Mountains

So a couple of weekends ago I went to Innsbruck to visit S. :) It was a great weekend. I was blessed to travel down with David and Moni as they were going to visit him anyway. It was good practice for my German- that is for sure!!! :) they both speak english but David is more confident than Moni so we generally stuck to german. Saturday's adventures took us to the top of one of the mountains on the cable car and then we walked down. As you can see, the view was amazing. The guys' self take skills arent so great, which lead to the following picture... you can see the great wood they have in Austria. Look at the grains. And impressive how it cuts the mountains just at the right point hey? Needless to say, it was a great weekend even though we were all sore the following days! Who knew that walking down hill for almost 4 hours would do that to you? The weather was perfect- clear skies to admire the mountains from S's floor to ceiling windows, or out on his balcony where we enjoyed breakfast both days.


Remember that disappointment I wrote about? Well I'm better about it now :) When things dont go exactly the way you planned you just need to roll with it. And I'm getting there. When I found out the news I was definitely shocked and didnt quite know why I was so upset, perhaps because my plans for 2 weekends from now were disrupted, plus thinking I'd be visiting France over the next 6 months now switching to the possibility of Scotland....hmm. But now I'm ok with it all. What God is up to, I dont know, it will be interesting to find that out. I'm getting excited about that possibility but still have to be reminded from time to time that through challenges, we grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment