Its definitely Monday.
Frustration at self for indecisiveness? Check.
Messy home? Check
Woke up too early? Check
Guilt over eating too much of what I baked this weekend? Check
Jeans feeling tigher than normal? Check
Mood not so pretty? Check.
Is it time for another coffee yet? ::sigh::
I woke up this morning earlier than usual, for what reason, I have no idea. But I had the urge to journal so I did that instead of cleaning up the aftermath of baking all day saturday and not being home all day sunday. Yeah, I feel bad that my kitchen is a mess, but luckily, I'm the only one who has to deal with it at the moment. Janae is away for a few weeks which makes my living a bit lonely at times but again, I can be a bit lazier with my cleaning!
I attempted a pie crust in order to make my Great Grandmother's lemon pie recipe, which on the whole worked out rather fine, but still needs some practice. The lemon didnt set properly so I need to go back to Nana and ask her what is going on there. The crust worked well ( until I nearly dropped it and it cracked) but insanely unhealthy as it was a Rich Shortcrust (= heaps of butter!). The amount of sugar in the "Lemon Cheese" is also not helping towards a healthy lifestyle :D I think additional time at the pool is called for... or extra biking hours...
So my kitchen is a mess. I've decided to go to Innsbruck this weekend, hitching a ride down with ...friends of a friend. ( hopefully soon to be my friends too :) ) But I havent decided when or how to come back. There is the option to come back monday morning on the train, but I'm rather annoyed at myself and the train because the ticket I could have bought yesterday is about €2o more expensive today. Well, no, not true. the Ticket I want to buy is only offered for the 1st class.. who wants to travel first class?!? Oh, and I just checked again, the other ticket ( thats not 1st class) just went up again €20 ... seriously?!? I think I'm coming back earlier now... i'm not paying €100 to come home. Like, really. This is where I get frustrated with the fact that I cant make decisions quick enough.
ARGH!
I miss the days when Mondays were the best day of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment