Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Garden Update

Well, I've got a garden, that dear Kylie helped me plant. Its been one of those things that I had really been looking forward to when having my own house (or flat.. take your pick) and finally now, I have had the space to nurture a garden. I've never had a particularly green thumb but my intentions are always good and I try. Hard. Sometimes too hard. Which leads to over watering... and death by drowning. Shame.
So back in April I started out with some Lettuce, a tomato plant, a capsicum plant, Basil, Mint and a strawberry plant. And they all took and they all did really well. I dont have any pictures of it... silly me, from a month ago when things were going along swimmingly. I have some now. Things arn't so swimming...
Mint, Parsley and Basil on the inside.... Dying poor Lettuce on the outside ( it was really really great before I went on vacation!! ) and Strawberries- which yielded 3 this year! Tomato Plant ( although I dont eat Tomatoes) Look at the lovely red little one!Red Capsicum is growing here, the same box as the Tomato...I'm really proud of my little 'Paprika'!

On a happier note, I just got word that my next Extension for my Work and Residency permits have been approved! YAY! I can stay in Germany a while longer! I'm not sure how long this one is but, hopefully, at least another 6 months... shall we hope for until 17th Jan?
Remember how I was proud of Janae's Baking efforts? These are the Pains aux Chocolat that I was talking about :)



And Look who visited me?!? Eun Jung!! Whoo hoo! Thanks friend for staying with me :D



No comments:

Post a Comment