Monday, July 4, 2011

Sick and Tired

So I’ve been sick for the past week which isn’t normal for me. I pride myself to a degree for not getting sick much.


I wrote this blog entry at home while sick ( no, I still dont have internet at home). On Wednesday ( day 3 of my sickness)


The last time I was sick was on board right at Christmas when a 24hr gastro bug was going around. And I mean going around! I bet at least 60% of ships company came down with it. Mine was a bit longer than 24hrs because I had worked hard and solid for the previous 3 weeks without much to eat and had been rather stressed in the weeks coming up to the ship’s arrival. But as I came back here to Germany in the middle of winter ( dispite there being no snow much to my disappointment—apparently it was too cold for snow...hmph) I managed to stay resistant to the several colds that got my flat mate down time and time again. Even so, now, I am sick but not really. It reminds me of when one of my best friends, back in high school, had a fever for no apparent reason, and that was all that was wrong with her. Now, I dont have a fever, I just am achy and tired. Kinda like the onset of flu, but as day 3 draws to a close, I’m not showing any other signs. Its relatively frustrating.


So I’m sitting here on the couch, watching the Women’s football world cup. Thankfully an interesting team is playing J Australia Vs Brazil. Our German class theme tomorrow night ( if I have the energy to go) is on the world cup, and, being the only Australian in my class, its good to know that my team is playing and doing well. ( in faith I say this!) I would, however like to know how you pronounce “ Mönchengladbach“ I guess its just as it is written... I’ve never head of that place. But they have a field. The annoying thin about being sick is that I dont have the energy to do anything even though I have the time and dont feel that sick. I’d love to try out a scone and a tea cake recipe that I have. But I guess


On another note, its been beautifully warm here in Mosbach over the last few days. Like over 30C. Yes, most people are complaining and if I wasnt sick I would enjoy it a little bit more I think. Its not helpful to sleep while being so warm and in pain, but still, if I could enjoy it in the nice skirts Amy sent, then I would. The pool is pretty full though which is the downside to it. Yes, I go swimming every day during my lunch break. I’d hate to think of what could be happening if I didnt get those 30 mins of excercise each day! Despite sitting in an office every day, I probably am healthier now than I have been in a very long time. Granted, I probably dont eat that well, but I get my excercise in! Something has to compensate for the baking I do and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment