Its been now a month since I started here in Mosbach and I’ve really enjoyed my time. Its not been the easiest month of my life with many changes including having to get use to a new language and culture not to mention the cold! But I feel that this is where I am to be for the next 2 years. I’m really looking forward to coming back in July and seeing the town in all its summer glory. I’ve only ever seen it in the dead of winter and now the startings of spring, so I think the town will look vastly different in another 4 months time.
One of the things I’ve really enjoyed is spending time with a family I knew on the ship, the Benselers. At first, as with any kids, the boys were a bit shy and not sure of me, but as time went on, and my visits became a Saturday thing, the boys now are excited to see me. I love either playing outside with Sammy, pushing Joshie on the swing, or building towers with Manu, and when you ring the door bell to a house where you’re expected, its amazing to hear “ Katrina! Katrina!” And of course, who can go wrong with a 4 year old teaching you essential german?!?
Not the most flattering, but its a good one of Manu
may all you have learned stay in a special place of your heart. and may god bless the time you now have in australia
ReplyDelete