Saturday, March 6, 2010

Snow Falling On Mosbach




A huge smile stretches across my face as I pull up the blinds of my window. Outside, despite my doubts that it wouldn’t happen, the town is blanketed in white. What was previously a dull and dreary brown has now been transformed into a winter wonderland, although I’m a bit apprehensive as I’m not adequately prepared for snow! In anticipation last night, I took a picture from my window as a “before” shot and have now just taken the “after” shot, where the 3 inches of snow can be seen on the trees, playground next to the mill and the houses. The blue sky is trying to shine through so hopefully the sun will be shining. I love the snow, I think it is so pretty. I know that the residents of Mosbach ( along with most of Germany!) are fed up with winter and want it to be over. This winter has been quite long for them. But seriously? Look how pretty it is! Yes, I know, I’ve come from over a year of solid summer and it is only on rare occasions that I see snow, so of course I’m excited.


"Before" and "After" pictures of the view from my window... See the beautiful blue sky with the snow?!?!




My first week in Mosbach has been a good one. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a friend from the ship here for a few days to meet with some of the leaders. Lenhert will be going ahead to Liberia to prepare for the ship’s visit there later in the year. It was great to catch up with him and hear his opinions on the differences between our ships, and how our friends have been coping with the transition.

I’ve been involved in different projects, one being helping coordinate a weekend long program for friends of the ship ministry. Its been interesting working in the office alongside so many “names” that you always hear on board. All those “big wigs” you hear about and wonder what goes through their minds as they make decisions that affect those “little wigs” on board. I’m beginning to get to know them more although it still blows my mind a bit that people such as this remember my name! J Last night there was a farewell dinner for a couple who have been intricately involved in the ministry for a very long time. It was amazing when I realized that so many of the people present in the room had been on a maiden voyage of one of the ships we’ve had... whether it be the Logos, Doulos, or Logos II these people were the ones you read about in the books. People who had been with the organisation for over 30 years. I’m sure that some of them only anticipated joining for a few years and 20 later are still involved!

1 comment:

  1. that looks to good to be true ;)
    happy that you can enjoy my german winter, while i am stuck in singapore :)
    blessings sebi

    ReplyDelete