to trace the patterned stars
and early in july a celebration
of a freedom that is ours
and I notice you in childrens in gaze
in those who watch them from the shade
every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
YOU are summer...
And even when the trees have just surrendered
to the harvest time
forfeiting their leaves in late september
and sending us inside
still I notice You when change begins
and I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and whats to come...
YOU are autumn...
And every thing in time and under heaven
finally falls asleep
wrapped in blankest white all creation
shivers underneath
and still I notice You when branches crack
and in my breath on frosted glace,
even now in death You open doors for life to enter
YOU are winter...
And everything thats new has bravely surfaced
teaching us to breathe
what was frozen through is newly purposed,
turning all things green,
so it is with You and how You make me new
with every seasons change
and so it will be as You are recreating me,
...Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring.
--"Every Season" -Nichole Nordeman
I have lived most of my life in places where the seasons don't look quite like as depicted in the song. This year, I am priveleged to see the depth of winter, as Spring struggles to make its way through the frozen ground. I listened to this song for the first time in a while last night and it touched me. I've been through a lot of change in the past few months, more than I would have cared to have really, but I know that the spring time is coming, that God is making me new through it all and though its felt like the depths of winter and cold have wrapped itself around me, I can see the spring is coming. He is bringing out something different in me, creating me to be more like Him. Being "frozen" is never easy for the trees and plants, but God brings them through it to be even more beautiful when its over.
I love these little flowers, I'm not even sure what their proper name is but I would call them Snow Drops. They push through the snow and blossom despite the cold. I managed to get this shot this morning before the last remenants of snow disappeared this afternoon. I'm looking forward to seeing Mosbach in Spring- I've only ever seen it in winter. Hopefully it will be in full force before my departure in April. ( judging by the way the weather has been there's no guarantee!)
No comments:
Post a Comment