On Tuesday Nico and Christine arrived for a re-entry Seminar and it was great to see them after they left the ship in December. We went out for a walk on Thursday afternoon as the weather has been getting warmer during the week. It was kind of funny to see that once the weather gets about 14C, Mosbach comes a bit more alive, and half of the town goes out for Ice Cream! We of course were no exception, enjoying the beginnings of spring with our own celebratory ice cream serving. Nico kept saying it smelled like Spring... although I’m still not sure what that is supposed to smell like- something different I guess! Although it has been great to sit and soak up the sun in the garden during lunch break. I’m looking forward to more days like that!
Friday saw the arrival of first, Jana from Winnenden ( about an hours drive from here) and our diligent sign making... of course, 2 of our close friends are coming, so what do we do? What we’ve almost been trained to do, we make signs! :D ha ha..
We then enjoyed the drive to Frankfurt airport to catch up and for me... enjoy driving! I haven’t driving since the beginning of October last year...so it was great to drive a car again... and on the Autobahn! :D We arrived at the airport with plenty of time and waited about an hour after their flight got in until Jenny and Sebi ( accompanied by Matthias and Markus) finally came out. Its hard to believe they are here. It also is a bit more emphasis on the fact that my previous life has finished and that I couldn’t go back there even if I wanted to. Some what final.
After 3 weeks of not having many people around ( ok, my age... there are people at the office, stimmt), this week is definitely has been a highlight of my time in Germany!
thank you so much for being our friend!
ReplyDeletewhat would life be without you ;)