My morning went as it usually does, filled with checking emails and making sure I was still on top of things for the Bermuda Weekend that I was helping coordinate. I started up my laptop as well to work on a Help Ministries project as well. That one has demanded more of my limited creativity as I endeavour to create a booklet depicting the various projects that our organisation is involved in. This reaches from simple medical help to donations of books to the ports our ship visits.
In the afternoon I met with my boss to discuss my job and where we saw it going. The procedures are having to change as our organisation goes down to one ship instead of the original ( and always have been) two. He’s confident that I will stay, although it is of course his own opinion and it does not depend on him whether I get to or not. I would love to stay. I feel this is where I’m called for this stage of my life. I don’t say that this is where I’ll always be, but I seriously feel that right now, and for the next 2 years, this is where I am being led. We then looked for flights home and I discovered the absurdity of flight prices- a return ticket half way across the world is only a few hundred dollars difference in price than a one way to the same destinations. Really!
No comments:
Post a Comment