Tuesday, March 2, 2010

28th February 2010




(Dispite the date, I wrote this on the 28th Feb! I couldn't access the internet that day!)
A new era has begun. I am now sitting in my room in what is called the Mill, in Mosbach. The office here in Germany is housed in an old Mill over 200 years old. Additions and remodelling have happened over the years, turning it into the office building, conference centre and guest house that it is today. It’s where I did my GO conference two years ago (the introduction conference into the organisation), meeting those going to various fields including those accompanying me to the ship. It is interesting finding my way around again and it seeing the changes that have come around during the last 2 years.



I’m excited to start this new step in my life although its scary as well! I will be working with Lloyd in the Ships office as his PA. He is head of the Public Ministries which covers the Line Up department of the Ships. This is the department that sends teams to ports ahead of the ship to prepare the ship for its arrival. I don’t know exactly what is going to be entailed in the job, but I’m looking forward to finding out. I will be able to use the information and training I got from my job on board as Purser in this next job.



I’ve enjoyed the past 3 weeks spending time with Simon and his family, and an old cabinmate and dear friend, Jana. It was really great to relax and not worry about anything except if I was going to be warm enough with what I’m wearing. J It’s been hard to leave the ship but also knowing that life is not the same on board helps some. Two of my best friends, Jenny and Sebi, are still on board and let me know about what is going back on board as the ship is still in Singapore and becomes less and less like the ship that I knew. I miss the ship, its life and my friends very much but know that this new stage will be good for me.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for loving me publically. i appreciate it :O).

    ReplyDelete