I've made a sort of discovery over the past week ... as the seasons change from Summer to Autumn.. as the trees surrender to the alluring pull of the color change. Up on the hill behind my house, the once varied shades of green give way to the rusty tones of yellows, browns and oranges.
With that comes the subtle change in fresh fruits and vegetables that grace tables across the land. One significant new addition is the Pumpkin. I'm sorry to say that I'm not a fan of this lovely legume...except when it is baked into things. I realized I don't like it on its own, or in savory dishes (much to the displeasure and shock of S who cant wrap his mind around the fact that I don't think that Pumpkin soup is the most magical and delicious dish on the face of the earth for Winter...)
I always knew I liked Pumpkin Pie... it simply doesn't taste like pumpkin! I equaled it to the way I don't like tomatoes but love my roast potatoes dipped in tomato sauce. Both don't resemble the original product at all!
Bake this orange beauty in a cake, pie, cookie or muffin, and I'm set. Mix it with nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice and wrap it in pastry and its divine.
I don't know, but this is one veggie that I can get down with in Baked goods ;)
This is Tracy Shutterbean's Pumpkin Cake and while I was worried that it would flop (again), it turned out deliciously!
With that comes the subtle change in fresh fruits and vegetables that grace tables across the land. One significant new addition is the Pumpkin. I'm sorry to say that I'm not a fan of this lovely legume...except when it is baked into things. I realized I don't like it on its own, or in savory dishes (much to the displeasure and shock of S who cant wrap his mind around the fact that I don't think that Pumpkin soup is the most magical and delicious dish on the face of the earth for Winter...)
I always knew I liked Pumpkin Pie... it simply doesn't taste like pumpkin! I equaled it to the way I don't like tomatoes but love my roast potatoes dipped in tomato sauce. Both don't resemble the original product at all!
Bake this orange beauty in a cake, pie, cookie or muffin, and I'm set. Mix it with nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice and wrap it in pastry and its divine.
I don't know, but this is one veggie that I can get down with in Baked goods ;)
This is Tracy Shutterbean's Pumpkin Cake and while I was worried that it would flop (again), it turned out deliciously!
No comments:
Post a Comment