Friday, September 21, 2012

Duds and Flops

Its been a week of Duds.
Flops.
Disappointments.
Mistakes.

Ugh!

Its why my blog has been a bit vacant for the past week. In fact, I made 3 things and all 3 didnt work. I was so excited going into this week with the things that I wanted to make. I had dreams and aspirations of making a beautiful Red Velvet Cake (so yummy looking), some Chocolate Almond Biscotti, Pumpkin Cake and a Self-Raising Pudding...

What happened? After a whole tube of red food coloring, the Red Velvet didn't rise at all. ... that story was the same (minus the food coloring) for the Biscotti, and the Pudding. But the thing is that in each of those cases, it was for different reasons. I'll probably not try the Red Velvet again... or if I do, without the red food coloring. Its not cheap here! The Pudding was a stupid mistake, but I'm holding my breath for the Pumpkin Cake. Really hope that it will go well!

Its just a bit discouraging when you have such a bad week... and knowing that there are two things you need to make still!

(lets not mention the two -yes 2!!!- batches of müsli I burnt last week)

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, don't be too discouraged! Flops in the kitchen are what teaches you and help you learn! We all have them. Kepp going! :)

    ReplyDelete