Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rothenberg ob der Tauber

In June, my dorm dad and his daughter were on a trip through Europe. I hadnt seen them since I left boarding school 8 years ago, so I couldnt pass on the opportunity to catch up with them ( especially since I failed at seeing them when I was in Florida in April!). So Janae and I took off for a day trip to Rothenberg ob der Tauber. It was a great day with Uncle Tim and Angela (and Janae!) catching up and hanging out.

On the wall

Its one of the few complete walled "cities" of Germany. The wall was largely destroyed during the War but through world-wide sponsors, they have managed to rebuild this beautiful town. Its the picture perfect fairytale town that you picture Maidens in distress, knights in shining armour and the village baker hanging out in.
Angela, Uncle Tim and Me!

It was a lot of fun complete with a trip to the Crime and Torture museum(!)
This was a mask that someone convicted of gossip needed to wear... or something like that

No comments:

Post a Comment