Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Squirrels

We've had some Rhubarb hanging out in the freezer since it was in season ... taking up space in a container much to big for its contents. On one of the blogs I follow, there was a link to Strawberry Rhubarb Swirls. Instantly, I knew I wanted to make these beauties. The best part was that it used strawberry jam instead of fresh strawberries, and the dough required no kneading! I knew this recipe would become my favourite dough recipe.

I didnt have quite enough Rhubarb to fill out the entire dough, so I split it ( I already halved the batch) between the "original" and some of my mum's Sticky Bun filling. It worked a treat. Obviously they didnt turn out so beautiful as the original Baker's, but still, SO yummy!

Oh, the "squirrels" is when I was explainign what I was making... I got caught between Rolls and Swirls. For some reason Squirrels came out ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment