Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Belfort

The past six months have seen quite a few trips around the place. I've been rather blessed by the amount that I have been able to travel! Hopefully, that will continue in the coming months as well! One location that I have frequented several times is the unassuming town of Belfort. Its a small-ish town about an hour from the German border in France... or.. how do you say that? An hour from Germany into France?? Anyway, S has lived in Belfort for the past 6 months and being only 3.5 hrs drive away was perfect for a weekend away here and there.



One of the main attractions is the Lion. A huge stone lion that is the symbol of the Belfortain's valiance and courage to stand against the Prussians and defend thier city. It is at the base of the Fort ( thus the name "Belfort" meaning Beautiful Fortress) and overlooks the entire city.

No comments:

Post a Comment