Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Challah - May Daring Bakers challenge

May’s Daring Bakers’ Challenge was pretty twisted – Ruth from The Crafts of Mommyhood challenged us to make challah! Using recipes from all over, and tips from “A Taste of Challah,” by Tamar Ansh, she encouraged us to bake beautifully braided breads.


I chose a Honey bread which was a lot like Hefezopf here in Germany. Very yummy fresh with a bit of extra honey... or toasted lightly a few days later. They were a lot bigger than I thought they would be! Big batch which I promptly froze.  Very good challenge!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful challah loaves!! I can only imagine they tasted amazing with how big and beautifully they baked up. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challah loaves look gorgeous !!
    Well done !!
    Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to bake the honey bread but then wanted Seth easy as I had a hard ( literally) time doing the wheat challah :)) looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job and beautiful color on your challah! The honey white recipe caught my eye, but I went with the easy challah as it seemed like it would make less (I'm not sure it did). I would be interested in knowing how the bread is after freezing. Not that I mind sharing with friends, but it would be nice to have some on hand once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It freezes very well. Mine was abit dry when I put it in, but a few minutes in the toaster and it comes out great. Not sure what it would be like if it was frozen fresh. Probably still very good!

    ReplyDelete