While I wait for my pictures to arrive ( a problem when you dont take your camera places... you need to rely on other peoples pictures!) I will tell you about the middle section of my travels. The reason I went to the States was because of our Donor weekend. Last year it was in Asheville, North Carolina, this year it was beautifully placed on the sandy shores of Hillsboro Beach. It was a nice venue with a lot of character, the odd Racoon, several tennis courts and of course, huge turtles laying their eggs on the beach.
It was a great weekend with a group of lovely people- some who are new to our work, and others who have known what we are about for a while. I was busy with work for the whole week we were down there, but being on the beach was definitely special, especially after being "stuck" in southern Germany for the past year and a half.
| Main building at the venue |
| Our Team building activity was a savenger hunt |
| Dress-ups was an important part |
| ...as was sandcastle making |
| Tiki Bar relaxation |
No comments:
Post a Comment