Friday, January 27, 2012

Sultana Spice Scones

Audax Artifex was our January 2012 Daring Bakers’ host. Aud worked tirelessly to master light and fluffy scones (a/k/a biscuits) to help us create delicious and perfect batches in our own kitchens! (Daring Bakers is a club... for bakers!!) This wasnt the first time I attempted scones. I made them once before and they turned out horribly sad. These ones are a bit better- I added some apple spice and sultanas for a fruity variety. I think I under baked them a little bit but they were still very yummy. I think Nana would be proud. When I told her that my other ones didnt turn out, she was like, oh, well, I just mix a bit of cream with flour and voila! (pretty much) Scones always make me think of winter days with soup at home. The days... pretty much like today here in Germany. Wet, rainy, cold and grey. I'm not such a soup fan, but on days like today, with a couple of great scones, I could be pursuaded :)
The thing about these challenges that are set by the various Bakers in our "club" is that you need to complete the challenge by a certain date. I just squeezed in this one last night. I didnt know what to eat for dinner anyway :)  We'll see what February brings!

2 comments:

  1. It is great to hear that this challenge reminded so much of home <3<3<3 They looks so homely well done on this challenge. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Daring Bakers! Hope you had fun- your biscuits look great
    Best, Sandie

    ReplyDelete