Monday, January 30, 2012

Orange Cupcakes

One reason things get baked in my kitchen is because we've bought something and havent eaten it quite as soon as we should have. This turns into things getting made into various cakes,cookies and cupcakes! This weekend's joy was the oranges in our fruitbowl that were packing thier bags getting ready to "go places" (our way for saying they're having their own party and really wanting to take thier party to the bin soon).
One goal I have this year is to finish all the recipes in the cookbook my sister gave me 18 months ago. I've managed through a lot of the cakes, its the cookies that are the tough things to get through. This isnt a cookie, but I converted a cake recipe into cupcakes. Can I just say I love butter cakes?! so yummy. Anyways, these cupcakes are now gracing the office kitchen counter ( I cant eat a dozen cupcakes on my own...).
This picture was taken very quickly this morning as I was running out the door. Of course the lighting isnt very good and its just hard getting good pictures! I have been reading up on the Daring Kitchen forums about food photography, and one big thing is the lighting. This is particularly difficult when you bake in the wintertime... and the natural light doesnt really make an appearance until after you've gone to work and is already well gone by the time you get home. And then baking only gets done in the evening! So obviously my pictures arent going to be that great. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment