So many things going on at the moment. But Kim's post on her lamington roll inspired me to talk about my latest Baking challenge. Its not challenging because of the recipe, but because my time just seems to be all gobbled up lately... and as a result, I dont have a picture because my camera isnt at home. So I'm going to visit S this weekend and am staying with Paola again. As a small thankyou, I thought to bake her some Biscotti. Now this is a bit risky as she is Italian and probably knows good biscotti from bad stuff. But I dutifully blanched my almonds (poor fingers) and tried out a new recipe. Sadly, it didnt work out for starters, it was way to thin and ran everywhere... so the Biscotti are kinda flat. And then I ended up burning half of the batch on the second bake because I have no brain. The challenge with Biscotti is that they need to be baked once, and then sliced thinly and baked again to get maximum crispiness. Anyways, the second bake did me in... I guess my fallback recipe will be whipped up this afternoon ( Brownies).
In other news, part of why I have been so busy is because I have been helping out with our conference for our new recruits. Every January, we hold a conference for the new people to the organisation. I myself did this conference 4 years ago and loved it. I'm involved with the music team which is great and I have missed singing in a band so much! But practices and sessions take up a lot of time! I'm the only one in the band who is trying to do a full time job as well as be in the band. (the others- thier jobs ARE to be in the band :) well, except for Solveig, but she's not flying for these 2 weeks ) It brings back so many great memories of those 2 weeks that you are all excited about where you are going to go and what God is going to show you. You meet so many new people and are just super excited. I love it. It makes me look back at how far I have come over the last 4 years!
In other news, part of why I have been so busy is because I have been helping out with our conference for our new recruits. Every January, we hold a conference for the new people to the organisation. I myself did this conference 4 years ago and loved it. I'm involved with the music team which is great and I have missed singing in a band so much! But practices and sessions take up a lot of time! I'm the only one in the band who is trying to do a full time job as well as be in the band. (the others- thier jobs ARE to be in the band :) well, except for Solveig, but she's not flying for these 2 weeks ) It brings back so many great memories of those 2 weeks that you are all excited about where you are going to go and what God is going to show you. You meet so many new people and are just super excited. I love it. It makes me look back at how far I have come over the last 4 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment