Friday, September 30, 2011

5 is a Pretty Decent Number

Ach excitement :) Today I recieved my first ever delivery of flowers. It was a complete surprise and really special. I've been beaming all day!
The big surprise box
So Pretty!!

In other news, I'm loving Autumn. I guess in Australia Autumn is characterised by windy wet and coldness. But here, the month of September has been lovely and warm... really reminds me of a poem I learn in french about September being " tiede et doux" -gentle and soft.  The colors are beautifully changing as the hill behind our house becomes a splash of yellows, oranges and the occasional red. Really lovely. A highlight of the season too has been walnut foraging. Seriously, if I live here in Europe, I totally want a Walnut tree...


 With the weather being so nice, I have my window open here at the office and as the wind blows, you hear the walnuts dropping on the pavement. Little Lydia loves searching for them in the carpark. Apparently she wants to eat them for breakfast rather often! Me, I loved climbing up a tree on our walnut hunt last week and shaking it til the nuts came tumbling out. So much fun, and look at the results!



 <>
Check it out! The corn was an essential utensil. Chuck it up, Walnuts come down.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment