Monday, May 24, 2010

Dishes from my Kitchen

Being home on furlough has given me time to get into the kitchen as I've already mentioned, and I've really enjoyed it. I've had my moments though, when I am trying to fill my days, and then I get the urge to bake. But being home does have other advantages like access to ingredients that I havent been able to get my hands on while on the ship. Unfortunately, as stocked as my kitchen is, a hand held blow torch isnt in the cupboards. So my creme brulees didnt turn out as beautiful as I would have liked, but the Meringue topped cupcakes managed to get browned on top with the help of the oven.
Apfelstrudel :)
Creme Brulee
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

1 comment:

  1. I will sample them all in September! especially the lemon meringue cupcakes. Can you please send me the recipe? ;) PS. the waffle maker didn't make it in the end :( very sad days. we will try and buy one somewhere.

    ReplyDelete