Its been an eventful weekend, starting out with an earlier morning outing on the lake. Lake Macquarie is quite close to our house and it is normally something we do as a family in the Summer time- takeing out our boat and either water skiing or wakeboarding behind it with friends. We turn it into a bit of a day coupling it with a picnic or BBQ lunch. Its always a great day out especially with the sun and enjoyment of being waterside! Saturday was a bit cold for me though ( it has to be a hot day for me to get in the water!) so I watched my dad, brother and his mate carve it up on the water. It was great for me to sit on board and just enjoy the sun, bundled up with a windbreaker and trackies!
Saturday afternoon we got ready for my cousin's 21st Birthday party. I was wondering at what to wear as it was themed "Black and White Cocktail with a splash of Purple." I ended up borrowing a dress from a friend and putting the "splash" to it myself. The party was down in Sydney ( a 2.5 hr drive) so we had to leave a little earlier than most of the other guests. It was a nice evening where I met 2 little cousins that were born while I was away, as well as catching up with family and friends of thiers that I had seen at various family events such as engagement parties and weddings. 
Dressed up with the siblings!
The Lynches with my Nana ( who turned 86 the day before!)
We got home rather late to another event... a rather large ( and warm) puddle of water on the laundry floor. Sadly, our hot water heater ( and dear friend) had decided to pack it in...Dad was able to stop the steady stream of hot water that was fogging up the windows of the laundry, but it seemed that it would be revived. And with all tragedies that involve hot water heaters, the family had to figure out how to live without running hot water... but only for a few days. My amazing dad was able to get us a new one, and hook it up for us to have hot water a mere 12 hours after installing! Great! :D
Oh, and I sucessfully pulled off Pumpkin Scones ;) Next? Apfelstrudel :)
Mmmm Apple Strudel! That would be DELICIOUS!
ReplyDeleteSoooo... did you work out how to do the picture thingy-ma-bob!? Because i'm online to help if you want ;D hahahah