This month was a bit crazy ( as they all seem to be) how ever I was able to whip up a pie in the nick of time. I was actually really excited to do this challenge but wasn't sure whether I'd be able to with my travels to the ship (more to come soon!)
Rachael from pizzarossa was our lovely June 2013 Daring Bakers’ host and she had us whipping up delicious pies in our kitchens! Cream pies, fruit pies, chocolate pies, even crack pies! There’s nothing like pie!
I wanted to do the Caramel Chocolate pie, but after 3 attempts at the caramel ( am I losing my touch!?) and still failing, I decided to skip it. I was getting tired ( jet lag kicking in) so I decided against the sticky mess!
I've not yet tasted the seemingly rich chocolate decadence - I'm saving it with it for a dinner tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to chocolate yumminess with cream!
The "pate Sable" was absolutely a dream to work with... such a smooth and beautiful dough. I know, I shouldn't get so excited about pastry, but for someone who has a mild fear of pies, this dough was really lovely.
It a
Rachael from pizzarossa was our lovely June 2013 Daring Bakers’ host and she had us whipping up delicious pies in our kitchens! Cream pies, fruit pies, chocolate pies, even crack pies! There’s nothing like pie!

I wanted to do the Caramel Chocolate pie, but after 3 attempts at the caramel ( am I losing my touch!?) and still failing, I decided to skip it. I was getting tired ( jet lag kicking in) so I decided against the sticky mess!
I've not yet tasted the seemingly rich chocolate decadence - I'm saving it with it for a dinner tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to chocolate yumminess with cream!
The "pate Sable" was absolutely a dream to work with... such a smooth and beautiful dough. I know, I shouldn't get so excited about pastry, but for someone who has a mild fear of pies, this dough was really lovely.
It a
It looks lovely, I'm sure it tasted great too!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your trouble with the caramel - it can be really temperamental sometimes. I bet it will be delicious with just the chocolate though!
ReplyDelete