Monday, May 27, 2013

Prinsesstara - Daring Bakers May!

Korena of Korena in the Kitchen was our May Daring Bakers' host and she delighted us with this beautiful Swedish Prinsesstarta.
The month has flown by yet again and I'm staring down the barrel of another Daring Bakers Challenge. The time seems to slip by so quickly, especially when Mr. Man is in town. This month, I was blessed to have two such visits. Baking isnt so high on his priority list of things to do with me, so I knew I'd have to save this until yesterday ( while he was on his way to his next location). However, we did make some Passionfruit lamingtons after discovering his love for passionfruit ( something not so popular here in Germany)
This challenge, I was excited to do because its not so different from the many cakes that I make each Saturday when I help out at the Konditorei in town. Its a very typical German style cake ( who came first, the Germans or the Swedes?!) with sponge, a vanilla custardy cream and whipped cream. It coincided perfectly with my friend's birthday, so she gets a lovely cake this morning to celebrate! I'm hesitant to cut it and wonder how that will turn out, but, armed with my sharpest knife, hopefully it will be fine.

Piled high with Cream!


On goes the lid


And decorated with leaves and goldness :)

5 comments: