This year I am endeavouring to hit up 5 new countries. My count as of today is 1. Yeah, I have 4 to go, but they will come in (hopefully) quick succession towards the end of the year. Possibly another one in June though. (fingers crossed).
This new country I got sadly didn't come with a stamp in my passport - that has long been crossed of the list of criteria. Who gets passport stamps these days?!? I had the pleasure of visiting the lovely Czech Republic. More specifically, Prague.
It was a great trip with a few friends, freezing cold (snow anyone?!), "upgraded" accommodation, castles, strange history and a bunch of lovely food. Highlights include my best friend, Ruth, from high school joining us as well as S.
I highly recommend the city at night - just wandering around is magical and oh so pretty. Incidentally, most of my pictures were taken at night... the others took the pretty daytime pictures :) Perhaps an update will come once I get the pictures from my professional photographer.
The trek over there was entertaining.. .especially since one cannot take the train all the way to Prague. You get as far as Nürnburg and then have to take a bus which slows things down significantly. But its all good for seeing the countryside.
Our accommodation was actually quite alright considering how close we were to everything. We're always on a budget so dorm like is not out of the question. We ended up getting shifted to our own apartment that had one large bedroom.. but still, no sharing of the bathroom with random strangers! Plus, knowing that we could leave our stuff there without any worries was also good.
In short, I'd recommend the city of Prague, but probably during the spring or summer time. Winter time was just too cold and with the amount that you're walking - its just all outside! That said, watching the snow fall is something I will always enjoy and loved every moment of it.
This new country I got sadly didn't come with a stamp in my passport - that has long been crossed of the list of criteria. Who gets passport stamps these days?!? I had the pleasure of visiting the lovely Czech Republic. More specifically, Prague.
It was a great trip with a few friends, freezing cold (snow anyone?!), "upgraded" accommodation, castles, strange history and a bunch of lovely food. Highlights include my best friend, Ruth, from high school joining us as well as S.
I highly recommend the city at night - just wandering around is magical and oh so pretty. Incidentally, most of my pictures were taken at night... the others took the pretty daytime pictures :) Perhaps an update will come once I get the pictures from my professional photographer.
Our accommodation was actually quite alright considering how close we were to everything. We're always on a budget so dorm like is not out of the question. We ended up getting shifted to our own apartment that had one large bedroom.. but still, no sharing of the bathroom with random strangers! Plus, knowing that we could leave our stuff there without any worries was also good.
In short, I'd recommend the city of Prague, but probably during the spring or summer time. Winter time was just too cold and with the amount that you're walking - its just all outside! That said, watching the snow fall is something I will always enjoy and loved every moment of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment