A few months ago, I decided to learn to cook. Well, I've realized that I can cook but the thing is that I just don't enjoy it as much as baking. Its much less motivating to cook just for myself and have leftovers in the fridge for days afterwards. My busy schedule after work often means that food does not get finished as recipes are designed for families... or at least 4 people. Living with a Lactose intolerant flatmate also doesn't help too much either ;) It always astonishes us how quickly stuff goes off in the fridge... hmmm.
Anyway, last night I was inspired to cook something again. So it was Chicken and Leek Pie. I would like to make things that are in season, and as it is (almost) spring, leek is in season. The pie was pretty easy to do and tasted really yummy. I should get back to cooking through another cookbook (one for dummies) so perhaps a ragout is the next item on the menu :)
Anyway, last night I was inspired to cook something again. So it was Chicken and Leek Pie. I would like to make things that are in season, and as it is (almost) spring, leek is in season. The pie was pretty easy to do and tasted really yummy. I should get back to cooking through another cookbook (one for dummies) so perhaps a ragout is the next item on the menu :)
No comments:
Post a Comment