I know there has been a significant absence from the Bloggosphere on my part. BUT I need to do this one and I'll up date you all soon!
The Daring Bakers' April 2012 challenge, hosted by Jason at Daily Candor, were two Armenian standards: Nazook and Nutmeg cake. Nazook is a layered yeasted dough pastry with a sweet filling, and nutmeg cake is a fragrant, nutty coffee-style cake.
They were not terribly difficult to make (after reading the recipe correctly... somehow I was a bit more distracted when making the Nazook and completely messed up the filling!) and the Nutmeg cake got raving reviews.
I've been in Florence, SC for a work event and so I wasnt sure how the baking was going to be happening while I was staying in the guest house. But a fellow baking friend graciously lent me some ingredients and tools and away I went. The Nazook was fed to the office people and the Nutmeg cake, I bravely took along to a potluck. And good thing I did- people couldnt stop going on about how good it tasted!! Definitely a winner and not terribly difficult to make!
The Daring Bakers' April 2012 challenge, hosted by Jason at Daily Candor, were two Armenian standards: Nazook and Nutmeg cake. Nazook is a layered yeasted dough pastry with a sweet filling, and nutmeg cake is a fragrant, nutty coffee-style cake.
They were not terribly difficult to make (after reading the recipe correctly... somehow I was a bit more distracted when making the Nazook and completely messed up the filling!) and the Nutmeg cake got raving reviews.
I've been in Florence, SC for a work event and so I wasnt sure how the baking was going to be happening while I was staying in the guest house. But a fellow baking friend graciously lent me some ingredients and tools and away I went. The Nazook was fed to the office people and the Nutmeg cake, I bravely took along to a potluck. And good thing I did- people couldnt stop going on about how good it tasted!! Definitely a winner and not terribly difficult to make!
I loved it too! And it is easy to make :) Great looking cake you have!
ReplyDeletePozdrawiam, Anula.