Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas

While I write, good old Bing is crooning out Christmas carols. For me, it doesnt feel like Christmas until I've heard him sing out " Silver Bells" and "God Bless You" ("if you havent got a friendly dog, a friendly cat will do, if you havent got a friendly cat may God bless you"). Every year, I play this album (in the last few years we've switched from the traditional record -yes we have those at home!- to the CD ripped copy, complete with little flecks of fluff that can be heard through the recording) while baking something Christmassy. Its rather interesting listening to songs about snow and coldness while its close to 30°C outside. But here, this year, I truely am dreaming of a White Christmas. Its been a very dry November, and now unseasonably warm December ( its about 10C outside now) which all adds up to... green grass and brown trees. No white prettiness.

This is what the town looks like from my office window. ::sigh:: no dusting of snow, no snowmen possibility, no slushy streets after being ploughed ( which I'm sure is a good thing in the grand scheme of things as I'm still riding my bike to work). I'm still hoping and dreaming for a beautifully white Christmas, and even better, a white birthday. THAT is what I want for my birthday. Beautiful snow.

On another note, my Advent Calendar is great. Inside, every day, is a kleines Überraschung (small surprise) and 4 pieces of a puzzle. This morning, this is what my puzzle looks like so far. Oh, and today's surprise were a pair of socks. (I think my comment last week about me never managing to buy socks stuck in someones mind :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment