I've been woefully absent on the bloggosphere recently. Sorry about that. I havent, contrarily (is that a word?) been absent from my kitchen, which is great. Except that while some the people whose blogs I stalk get to bake and photograph thier creations in lovely natural light, the majority of my baking happens after I get home from work... its dark( and increasingly so- yesterday, when I went to german class at 6pm, it was already getting dark!?! oh, dear, I do not like this part of winter..its just gone 930 now and the sun has only JUST come up over the hills. what is going on!?). So that makes for sad looking pictures so I invariably dont take photos of my creations. ( not that they are so creative, mind you) I've recently tried another Brownie recipe, (the majority of which I hope is arriving as we speak in someones mailbox... or at least to the Post Depot in his town.)- also which did not rise as much as I would have liked- a lemon cake ( again, with the rising...???) My new favorite oatmeal cookies, apple crisp, and a carrot cake. All of these are padding out my recipe book quite lovily!
Something else I've not bee nso fond of for winter is the dryness of the air. I've never had skin problems before but somehow, just recently something's been going on with my hands. All dry and yuck. Strange.
Anyway, I should wrap this up as I'm travelling today! Yay! Finally again! I'm heading to visit my friend Katharina up in Hannover. Pictures to come :)
Something else I've not bee nso fond of for winter is the dryness of the air. I've never had skin problems before but somehow, just recently something's been going on with my hands. All dry and yuck. Strange.
Anyway, I should wrap this up as I'm travelling today! Yay! Finally again! I'm heading to visit my friend Katharina up in Hannover. Pictures to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment