Well, I've been travelling again which was a lot of fun. Not all the details will go here but a few pictures instead :) I went off to München for a long weekend which proved to live up to the high praise I'd gotten from Jana and Kylie. Perhaps it wasn't as jam packed as I thought it could be- I was all for the relaxed nature of my trip- walking through and stopping wherever I wanted to. It was good weather for the most part which was nice... some of the pictures you can see the clear blue sky and it was warm enough to enjoy a picnic in the English Gardens - which actually are more like what I'd think of a park. Gardens to me implies grooming and flowerbeds and manicured lawns that you're not allowed to walk on. Thankfully, this lawn wasnt so finely manicured and the garden was even good enough to have a tree to climb :) It did take some coercing to get me up there but I made it up the tree. its been a while since I've climbed a tree! Other touristy highlights included the required visit to the Hofbräuhaus which was complete with a band and plenty of colorfuly dressed people. Sadly I didnt see the beergirls with thier fists full of mugs of beer but still enjoyed the atmosphere.
The Rathaus Glockenspiel (Town Hall's Bell performance... uh, sure, a song plays and little figurines dance around)was also a favorite of mine. It lasted for quite a while and had many people standing in the Marienplatz crinking their necks to watch as the dancers go around.
My last day was not so sunny and warm and after walking to Schloß Nymphenberg, the rain started to come down. You can see in the pictures the gray clouds that were gathering! I was very thankful for the trees that provided cover as i stupidly forgot my umbrella in the train station locker with the rest of my luggage.... :S
It eventually cleared up enough to enjoy a second picnic in the sun, although it was restricted to a sunny bench instead of picnic blanket. I loved the flowers though- just the reminder of spring!
Of course the weekend went by too fast- as they always do, but it was a very nice weekend with lovely memories. Where is my next trip going to be? Well, hopefully Bodensee (Lake Constance) in a few weeks time! Its going to be a bike trip to remember :D
The Rathaus Glockenspiel (Town Hall's Bell performance... uh, sure, a song plays and little figurines dance around)was also a favorite of mine. It lasted for quite a while and had many people standing in the Marienplatz crinking their necks to watch as the dancers go around.
My last day was not so sunny and warm and after walking to Schloß Nymphenberg, the rain started to come down. You can see in the pictures the gray clouds that were gathering! I was very thankful for the trees that provided cover as i stupidly forgot my umbrella in the train station locker with the rest of my luggage.... :S
It eventually cleared up enough to enjoy a second picnic in the sun, although it was restricted to a sunny bench instead of picnic blanket. I loved the flowers though- just the reminder of spring!
Of course the weekend went by too fast- as they always do, but it was a very nice weekend with lovely memories. Where is my next trip going to be? Well, hopefully Bodensee (Lake Constance) in a few weeks time! Its going to be a bike trip to remember :D
No comments:
Post a Comment