The strawberries were matched to a muffin recipe ( which in my opinion were not the best... not quite sweet enough so we had to put a glaze on top to sweeten it up. It actually called for wholemeal flour too... I think they would have been WAY too healthy to be enjoyed :D ha ha...) and then we saw some yummy triple chocolate cookies... you know the type that you can get from Subway? Chocolate cookies with White chocolate chips and dark choco chips?? yup! We made those. So nice.
Another highlight from the weekend was the Cello concert that our friend Becky was in. I loved sitting there and listening to the different ensembles and then the second half was the larger group. they had 120 Cellists playing for the last couple of songs. So cool. I realized that one of my "things to do before I die" would be to go see an orchestra like the London Philharmonic Orchestra or something like that. I remember when I went to the ballet in Vienna last Easter, I was watching the orchestra and conductor just as much as the Ballerinas. Last but definitely not least was the bike ride. Easter Monday is a holiday here in southern Germany as well so I went out with my dear adopted german parents for a ride through the area. 43kms and a light sunburn later ( my first for the season!), we arrived home. It was a beautiful ride along the river, up through the forest, across a creek and back into town. I love living in Southern Germany and this was just reinforcing it! I am always being encouraged to do something adventurous - which isnt exactly in my nature to search out- and so by my definition, this will count towards being adventurous. heck, carrying your bike through a tiny rocky bushwalking-like path, over the creek and then up the sides because someone is coming the other direction? yes, that is adventurous to me... Baby steps, Trina, Baby steps :)
One of the bike paths... yes, many photo ops here!
I love living in Southern Germany!
View from Minneburg castle ruins - isnt it pretty?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment