Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Prep

This is my 5th Easter away from home. Away from the "normal" way that my family celebrates...complete with an Easter egg hunt around the house. Yes, it may seem childish, but our family loves those things that have become traditions from our childhood. It normally involves a small Lindt bunny in front of our bedroom doors and then the baby eggs around the house in various places... hiding for us to find. Like I said, its been 5 years since I was home for one so perhaps my family doesnt do it any more...I cant really picture my brother getting out of bed to participate too early before church :) Something else that highlights Easter for us ( in the culinary aspect) are the ever popular Hot Cross Buns. Now, I've come to realize that these dont exist terribly much in other parts of the world and this year, I decided NOT to go without. 4 years without hot Cross Buns on the lead up to Easter is ENOUGH!!! Not this year! So I searched online for a recipe ( that was relatively easy to do... I profess to be an amateur baker, but working with Dough... yeah, I'm not so confident in yet.) and found one... Here are the results and they were quite nice to say the least! And no- the crosses are not difficult to do at all, surprisingly! I'm still getting used to the fact that many of my friends here dont like sultanas ( aka raisins) which I think is a bit strange ( what is wrong with you people?!?) but thats ok, the buns were enjoyed by me, my adopted parents, my flatmate and her visiting best friend. :)

I'm off to visit Jana for the weekend, enjoying relaxing and just being in a different setting. There is something so much more relaxing about a change of scenery... I guess cuz you cant do laundry, or clean, or waste so much time when you're at a friends... because its time well spent investing in them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment