I've been terribly distracted lately with different baking/cooking blogs. I just discovered a huge blogroll that is a part of the Daring Kitchen club... thing... They have challenges every month to either bake or cook something ( depending on your preferances- to be Daring Baker or Daring Cook). I'm contemplating joining, but my hesitation is that I wouldnt be able to find some of the ingredients that they call for as I'm in this little town of Mosbach and I'm sure its geared towards your average American baker. For the time being, I'll happily follow Joy the Baker and glean some of her yummy recipes. I picked up this on the other day, and tried it out: Chewy Molasses Choc Chip cookies. Already there is an ingredient that I cant get here : Molasses. Thankfully it was only to make your own brown sugar - which I have stocked up from different parts of the world ( again, cant get brown sugar in Germany!). It also called for Bread Flour, which I've yet to find here, but they turned out pretty scrumptious with plain flour. Sprinkled with salt, they were rather nice! When I bake up the rest of the batch, I'll put a pic for you :)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Baking Blog distractions
Its been over a week since I posted last and that was because I have been away. I will give a sneak peek here at my Bodensee trip, and more details will follow later on. I will repost the "Summer" entry that Mr Blogger.com took away for some strange reason, but just not today.
I've been terribly distracted lately with different baking/cooking blogs. I just discovered a huge blogroll that is a part of the Daring Kitchen club... thing... They have challenges every month to either bake or cook something ( depending on your preferances- to be Daring Baker or Daring Cook). I'm contemplating joining, but my hesitation is that I wouldnt be able to find some of the ingredients that they call for as I'm in this little town of Mosbach and I'm sure its geared towards your average American baker. For the time being, I'll happily follow Joy the Baker and glean some of her yummy recipes. I picked up this on the other day, and tried it out: Chewy Molasses Choc Chip cookies. Already there is an ingredient that I cant get here : Molasses. Thankfully it was only to make your own brown sugar - which I have stocked up from different parts of the world ( again, cant get brown sugar in Germany!). It also called for Bread Flour, which I've yet to find here, but they turned out pretty scrumptious with plain flour. Sprinkled with salt, they were rather nice! When I bake up the rest of the batch, I'll put a pic for you :)
I've been terribly distracted lately with different baking/cooking blogs. I just discovered a huge blogroll that is a part of the Daring Kitchen club... thing... They have challenges every month to either bake or cook something ( depending on your preferances- to be Daring Baker or Daring Cook). I'm contemplating joining, but my hesitation is that I wouldnt be able to find some of the ingredients that they call for as I'm in this little town of Mosbach and I'm sure its geared towards your average American baker. For the time being, I'll happily follow Joy the Baker and glean some of her yummy recipes. I picked up this on the other day, and tried it out: Chewy Molasses Choc Chip cookies. Already there is an ingredient that I cant get here : Molasses. Thankfully it was only to make your own brown sugar - which I have stocked up from different parts of the world ( again, cant get brown sugar in Germany!). It also called for Bread Flour, which I've yet to find here, but they turned out pretty scrumptious with plain flour. Sprinkled with salt, they were rather nice! When I bake up the rest of the batch, I'll put a pic for you :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment