Sunday, August 15, 2010

Exploring Further

The last two weeks have been full of activity, not the least of which was a visit from my ship friends. It was amazing to see them again, some after a year, others I hadnt really spent time with since I left to go home. It was a weekend full of laughs and a highlight for me would have been the adventure to the "high chair". I may have discussed this in March when we first discovered this place, but in essence it is a chair that is set up for... hunting? I have no idea really, except throughtout the fields that span the Baden-Wuerttenberg landscape, you can find these chairs. When we first discovered the chair it looked like this:
The landscape looked like this:

now the chair is... not.. here....

and the fields look like this:

We had a bit more difficulty finding it the second time around but it was fun just the same, tramping through random fields, finding back roads and random fruit trees. The mission of finding the location was achieved however sad the lack of chair was :(
After a busy week at work ( and rather sad goodbyes to my friends- all of whom are not here in town as of yesterday), I was offered to go on a bike ride with some friends. I knew they did 20-60km rides regularly, and so, after repeatedly saying how unfit I am, I agreed to go along with them on a ride they assured me would be an easy starting point. It was extreamly beautiful and rather typical " South Germany" landscape in my mind and I loved seeing more of the area. Unfortunately, the what was supposed to be 25km ride turned out around 40kms... something I've not EVER done before! It was an accomplishment for me and although I dont feel it too much at the moment, I'm worried for what tomorrow will bring! Sadly, no photos were taken during this expidition, but hopefully next time ( and perhaps one of lesser length!).
And yet again, I feel myself falling more in love with the area, enjoying the odd summer days as they typically are only on Saturdays, and sad that I shall miss the beauty of Autumn. I'll just have to wait for next year. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment