Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seeing Newcastle Differently

Its been a while since I've posted and over the past 2 weeks I've been going to the airport a couple of times for different reasons. First, a friend from Melbourne that I met over 2 years ago as we both prepared to head over to different ships, came and stayed the night. It was really lovely to compare stories and to have someone who knows what you've been through over the past 2 years and also continues in a similar line of work.
A week later Carola came up which was amazing. So much fun to show her around my city pointing out the best points and the coolest views! It was great to try to see my town through a whole new set of eyes. I realized how beautiful it is, with the lake, the ocean, the beaches and the history that is around. Ok ok, the "history" of the city isnt that old, for a city that certainly can not hold a candle to Mosbach at all- it was first explored in 1797. But still, being the largest coal exporting harbour in the world, it does hold some sort of candle! :)
My sister also took a visit to the airport, flying to Brisbane and back over the weekend.

I've been keeping up the baking, turning out the world renown ( and ever trying) Lamingtons. For those who dont know, its sponge cake pieces covered in chocolate icing and coconut. So yummy :)

I've also enjoyed a Baked Cheesecake, Lemon and Poppy-seed Cake as well as little cookies on the side. On a less enjoyable note, the Chicken Risotto I tried to make turned out rather... hmmm... not so lovely. But then I dont know whether that was the flavors that didnt work or just the difficulty of Risotto on a whole! Ah well, I'll stick to sweet stuff :)

Also in the last 2 weeks has been working towards getting financial support to head back to Germany. Its not been easy at all. I had a deadline of last monday, and that came and went without so much as a blip on the charts. I am still at about 55% of what I need and should be getting on a flight in about 3 weeks. To break it down, I'd need 30 people to support $50 a month and I'd be covered. But I dont know that I know 30 people who'd do that. I'm still lifting it up and trusting that its going to pull through. But it is difficult when people around you say that you may have Heard wrong. But I'm confident that I did Hear right, and that this is where He wants me to be. Its just trying. I'm supposed to be getting on a plane on the 26th July and I know that something Miraculous will happen so that I'll be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment