Again I have waited too long to update here! But I am coming to the end of what I like to call the "Second stage" ( first being my start in Germany before coming home).
About 3 weeks ago, it hit me that I'm returning to Germany and all that entails... Its a strange feeling when that happens- suddenly you feel the urgency of why you're at home, what you have to do in the remaining time and your mind starts to fill with the list of things that need to be thought of. You start going through the "last" things that happen, and as you say goodbye to each of your friends, the sadness sets in that you wont see them for another 2 years- whatever that entails. In my case, it will be friends weddings, births of babies and other milestones, as well as family holidays and other events.
But I know that following the Call has its costs and its blessings. While I'm sad to leave friends and family, missing things back here in Australia, I am excited to start my next phase of life. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends back in Germany, starting work again and getting into a routine. It sounds crazy to be looking forward to working, and while being home, it has been work, but of a different sort. I'm looking forward to getting into a routine, working the normal hours but in saying that, the next few months have alot of changes and it seems as though my "routine" will be changing every 6 weeks or less!
On Monday I fly out to Germany where I'll settle into my office job ( during which I'll probabaly live in about 3 different places), then early September I'll head over to the ship and work in a new job for about 3-4 weeks, during which I'll also get some training in the advance port preparation. Then I'll be heading for a future port to prepare for the ships arrival. I'm looking at moving 5 times in 6 months, and doing 3 different jobs!
With that comes packing which I really find quite annoying! I'm currently in the middle of rying to fit my life into the 23kgs of my backpack... ok, not quite as I generally try to get about 10kg into my carry on as well! It pains me to see the things I love that I have to leave behind, including books, shoes ( heels take up so much space!), house "stuff" and clothes. But He will provide everything I need, I know, and I am blessed with what I do have.
No comments:
Post a Comment