Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feet on Aussie Soil

I’ve arrived home and things are strangely the same but different. I arrived early morning Monday and knew that the day ahead would be a struggle to stay awake. I managed to do stay awake and alert until the 3 hr drive home... sorry Sebi!
I've arrived back into my old room, which looks exactly how I left it, minus some things I threw out before I left, plus a big green trunk I packed before I left. Something’s in life you don’t realize you’re missing until you have them again, and others you miss every single day you don’t have them. I’m not sure which one fits best to the Kitchen, but I have definitely enjoyed going back and knowing that at any one point during the day I could start baking a cake or cookies or a pie with minimal fuss. I know I missed it while being on board, but now that I have everything at my fingertips, its even more enforced that I missed it. I’ve not tackled too many recipes yet, but my sister’s penchant for cookery books has enlightened and stimulated my imagination for the coming weeks! I attempted a family favourite “Cranberry and Apple cake” for an extended family dinner- the guests raved, I was a bit disappointed as it was not cooked enough and had a burnt aroma due to the overflow from the too small pan!
The pleasure of catching up with friends has commenced with a coffee down at Honeysuckle with Bianca. It was nice to be “normal” again catching up over coffee and some good scones! My calendar will soon fill up quite a bit with those coffee dates to which I’m really looking forward to! Catching up with friends is one of my favourite things to do, and when it involves the consumption of food and coffee- double the fun! :D
Another “ normal” event which I hope to sear into my calendar is watching my brother play soccer with his team. Yesterday we played against Toronto with a sad outcome, although I did enjoy seeing friends who also play on his team , and soaking up the sun!

1 comment: