Monday, April 26, 2010

ANZAC picnic day

Many thanks to Carola-B who directed me to a wonderful website where I could get this great template to jazz up my blog! Thanks darl! :)

This past week has been quite full with a trip down to Melbourne to debrief with the head office, and catch up with some people- meet some who I had only heard of, and spend time with those I knew a little better! Eating lunch with Mel was great as we had first met in Melbourne at the pre-field training almost 2 ½ years ago. We did the GO Conference together and then parted ways as we went to different ships.

I also caught up with Christie-Lee, a friend who spent a year in Malawi. She brought me the beautiful tulips, ( which I took a pic of) but I forgot to take a pic with her! :( She’s currently studying in Sydney so it will be a few weeks before I see her again.

The weekend was deemed a long weekend due to ANZAC day being yesterday ( 25th April). Again, Carola has done a great job of explaining what this actually means so head over to her blog to find out ;)( http://shes-staying-afloat.blogspot.com/ --why write the same thing twice eh??). I was really looking forward to doing something that our family loves every available weekend in summer- go out on our boat on the lake!! I knew that I wouldn’t be waterskiing, or wakeboarding because I still think that 20C is relatively cold, but had planned to soak up the sun on the back of the boat. BUT unfortunately the weather was cool and the wind had picked up enough that it was not worth taking the boat out for anyone. So we contented ourselves with a BBQ by the lake with the normal group of people who would come out with us. Good old sausages and picnic food never goes wrong!

2 comments:

  1. wow i need that link to modify my blog...looks, well girly ;)

    great entry thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha sebi... there are 'manly' ones there too!

    Woo hoo! A blog plug! Yes, people, please do come by! I love to write about most random things! Ah, Katrina! I love the new look-blog - it is SOOOO YOU!!! Girly it may be, I think "trendsetter" and "uber fabulouso" are other words I can think of! Kisses my love!

    ReplyDelete