I was priveleged to go to Belgium a couple of weeks ago for an expo. It was for Humanitarian Aid and Relief organisations. It was the first time I've been to an Expo like that and it was a little overwhelming to say the least!! Its a huge industry especially with various disasters that happen frequently in this day and age ( think Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hurricanes and various attacks). I went along to see how our little company could benefit as well. We only have a small hand in this industry but we have the benefit of having a ship so transportation and storage isnt an issue for us really! The thing is that our budget is a 10th of what some of these "big wigs" is. It was eye opening and I got alot of good ideas and made some good contacts that hopefully can be used in the future!
| At the Expo Center |
| Hall 5 of the Expo Center |
The downside to being in Bruxelles without a car is the public transport. REally, I have never liked buses or trains. Metro/subways I can handle because stops are clear and directions are fairly straight forward. To say the least, I attempted the bus system in Bruxelles and saw more of the city than I intended! Anyway, I guess its one way to experience it!
On the way up to Bruxelles I stopped in Köln for about 45 mins so I decided to make the most of it. Every now and then I have taken the train through Köln (aka Cologne) and seen the cathedral right close to the trainstation with its massive spires and stained glass windows. This time I took the opportunity to have a look around! Its really an impressive building that I could look at for the whole morning. Its hard to get the whole Cathedral in one picture because of the buildings around it that stop you from backing up enough, so I tried hard! The picture kinda boggles your mind a bit and its hard to differentiate what is what! But its just an unbelievable feat of Gothic Architecture.
| Stain Glass windows are my favorite part of a church! |
No comments:
Post a Comment