Everyone knows that I love to bake, and bake I can. But when someone asks me to cook something and I shudder inside and reply with, " uh, how about I bring dessert?" While half of the time my baking doesnt exactly turn out the way I plan, it still is a great deal better than my cooking attempts.
Last night, while eating what I had managed to put together ( simple dish of fried Maultaschen and salad) I decided I should probably learn to cook something more than spaghetti and heated frozen vegetables. I'm hoping to be a wife one day and figure that I cant always be relying on that wonderful man to be the master chef in the house. (by the way I LOVE that show!!) So I pulled out a beginners cookbook that I stole from my boy about a year and a half ago ( he's not missing it there in the US!) and decided that I'll cook (almost) all of the recipes in it to teach myself how to cook. The fish ones I'll skip :) I figure I could cook twice out of that book and that would last me for the week as they are generally designed for 2-4 people. The larger portion recipes I'll cut down in size.
Here is to learning to cook!
Last night, while eating what I had managed to put together ( simple dish of fried Maultaschen and salad) I decided I should probably learn to cook something more than spaghetti and heated frozen vegetables. I'm hoping to be a wife one day and figure that I cant always be relying on that wonderful man to be the master chef in the house. (by the way I LOVE that show!!) So I pulled out a beginners cookbook that I stole from my boy about a year and a half ago ( he's not missing it there in the US!) and decided that I'll cook (almost) all of the recipes in it to teach myself how to cook. The fish ones I'll skip :) I figure I could cook twice out of that book and that would last me for the week as they are generally designed for 2-4 people. The larger portion recipes I'll cut down in size.
Here is to learning to cook!

Haha! You're funny! Sounds like a great idea, just remember, you'll be a great wife whether you can cook or not :)
ReplyDelete