This month's Daring Bakers Challenge was quite a nice one. It definitely proved to be something outside of what I would normally do and I enjoyed it!
Mandy of What The Fruitcake?! came to our rescue last minute to present us with the Battenberg Cake challenge! She highlighted Mary Berry’s techniques and recipes to allow us to create this unique little cake with ease.
The Battenberg Cake is apparently known in some British households as a kids cake. But There isnt a whole lot that is childish about it! Its quite a fiddly cake but the results were good even though I had to do some substitutions here and there ;)
Its a nutty sort of a cake characterised by two different colors and jam sticking them together. then the whole cake is wrapped in Marzipan. I love the way the Marzipan looks at the end. So professional. I've never been one to be so into cake decorating, but seriously, this looked great. Of course I wasnt 100% pleased with the end result, but as I have found out, I am rarely ever 100% pleased with the result! My friends at Hauskreis tell me all the time that I always say "well, it didnt turn out like I wanted it to..." but they love the stuff I make for them anyway!
Mandy of What The Fruitcake?! came to our rescue last minute to present us with the Battenberg Cake challenge! She highlighted Mary Berry’s techniques and recipes to allow us to create this unique little cake with ease.
The Battenberg Cake is apparently known in some British households as a kids cake. But There isnt a whole lot that is childish about it! Its quite a fiddly cake but the results were good even though I had to do some substitutions here and there ;)
Its a nutty sort of a cake characterised by two different colors and jam sticking them together. then the whole cake is wrapped in Marzipan. I love the way the Marzipan looks at the end. So professional. I've never been one to be so into cake decorating, but seriously, this looked great. Of course I wasnt 100% pleased with the end result, but as I have found out, I am rarely ever 100% pleased with the result! My friends at Hauskreis tell me all the time that I always say "well, it didnt turn out like I wanted it to..." but they love the stuff I make for them anyway!

This cake was SO GOOD :-)!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job - a really lovely looking Battenberg!
ReplyDelete