Friday, November 18, 2011

Lovely Hannover

I just realized I never shared about my travels to Hannover! ( or to Scotland but that will come next :) ) It was a great weekend away and I really enjoyed spending time with my friend Katharina. I took the train up to the North ( ok, its not soo far north, but I live in Southern Germany. Anything north of Frankfurt is deemed "Northern Germany") and we spent Friday through to Monday enjoying the city. Its a lovely city with different architecture ( norddeutschbacksteingotik  = North German Brick Gothic style), lots of trees and cute cafes. We followed the Red Line through the city on a walking tour and really enjoyed seeing and reading about different parts of the city. Katharina had never done that before so it was an experience for her as well! It was the height of Autumn as well so the colors were AMAZING. Really lovely, being the end of October. I've not really experienced Autumn before so it was really nice to see it both here in Mosbach and up in Hannover.
Katharina celebrated her birthday as well, that weekend so we enjoyed cake, bubbly at the stroke of midnight and a lovely lunch out in the sun. It was rather cool but didnt rain. It was also a time for me to get to know her hubby, Daniel, a bit. I had been invited to thier wedding last year, but sadly, I had to miss it because I was already in Lebanon at that stage. Very disappointing!
Infront of the "New" Town Hall

See the Red Line?

Enjoying some Chai


Typisch Norddeutschbacksteingotik


The Back of the "New Town Hall"
All in all, I recommend Hannover for a visit- although anyone from Hamburg would say that its an ugly city. I've yet to see Hamburg to compare, but I would highly doubt it would be so lovely that Hannover would seem ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment