Monday, December 6, 2010

Cold December

Its December and I commented on fb that I didn't feel like it was really Christmas, despite the Christmas trees and decorations throughout the city. Its rather pretty actually and I like the fact that people here do celebrate and decorate. I started listening to Christmas music but somehow it just felt wrong... :S And to top it off, the weather is a bit strange. Being the Northern Hemisphere, its supposed to be cold. Its actually supposed to be a lot colder here than it is. "Normal" December weather is very rainy and cold, but the last time it rained was back in October. People are worried that they will run out of water as the winter continues. There is no snow up on the mountains and there may not be until february this year. Normally, it only comes in January, but even this start to the winter season doesn't bode well for the ski-season ( yes! They ski here!! )
But this morning, after being told " oh yes, it will rain this weekend" , I woke to find the streets wet with rain, clouds covering the skies and the temperature low. NOW it feels like winter. My brain is confused I think, because its not winter like a European Christmas, and its only sort of like an Australian winter. Its rather ironic though, as time and time again, I've heard from Line Up teams that the weather was really nice 2 weeks before the ships arrival, and then the weather just changes. Perhaps we've just been blessed with beautiful weather for the past 9 weeks. I'm very thankful for the warmer weather- I'm going to get my fair share of cold when I get back to Germany - where it is snowing already!
The ship arrives in 2 days, and so I've stolen this time to update, but I dont know if I'll be able to update until after Christmas. I hope so, but we'll see. I'm nervous about the next 3 weeks, as the "pudding will be proofed" :) as the saying goes. All my work will come to light and we'll see how good of a job I've done. I really dont know because I dont know how to gauge it. I guess if everyone gets picked up at the right times, then that will be good. I think I'll be spending a lot of time running from the ship to the gate...shoes- please hold out for another 3 weeks!! I hope the next picture I can post will be with my team as the ship comes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment